Things are going as well as can be expected so far. David has had two of the four doses of anti-rejection chemotherapy drugs without too many side effects. He has developed a mystery rash, but it's not getting better or worse, so we're hoping it will just start to get better soon. He's been able to eat a bit, primarily eggo waffles and maple syrup. A good staple. We may try to add kraft dinner onto the list as well. His food prefernces are similar to a seven year olds these days, but the doctors tell us that's ok and that he needs to get as much in as possible, even if it's just a bite or two. Vegetables and whole grains, um no. His [white blood] count is at almost zero now which means he's got virtually no immune system (desired effect of the chemo and radiation). Actually, all his counts are dropping and as a result he had a hemoglobin transfusion on Friday to boost him up a bit for the weekend. Other interesting news, I, finally, after 5 months, have a cold, which means no hospital for me. This afternoon I dropped off a supply of food and gave David a wave from across the hospital room before retreating back to the couch. I feel like I could sleep for days, but I'm really hoping to be back at the hospital tomorrow.
Lots of love,
Cindy
No comments:
Post a Comment